Meals on Wheels
Home delivery of fresh or frozen nutritious meals to individuals who, because of age, illness or disability, cannot prepare adequate meals for themselves.
Individuals remain in the comfort and familiarity of their home, avoiding the stress of moving to a facility.
About the Service:
- Meals are delivered by volunteers
- Meals are delivered in downtown Chilliwack - Monday through Friday
- Meals are delivered in Sardis - Monday through Friday
- There is no delivery on weekends and statutory holidays
- Cost per meal is $8.00
- Teams of volunteers, a driver and runner, are needed to deliver meals between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Fill out an application which includes the names of two reference people.
- Successfully complete a criminal record check.
- Participate in an interview and orientation.
- Drivers must hold a valid Driver’s license.
Click here for July MOW Menu
Click here for August MOW Menu